Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Cuticula - Fresh Apples Scented Silk Base Coat & Timeless Top Coat - March 2018 Polish Pickup

It's that time of the month again where we all start making our lists for Polish Pickup, and today I have Cuticula's March contribution to share with you!

This month's Polish Pickup theme is Books, and Cuticula has picked The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. 

*not my picture*


Cuticula will be offering their Timeless Top Coat and new Silk Base Coat.  Both will be in the scent Fresh Apples!  

Fresh Apples is described as a perfect refreshing combination of Cameo, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Fuji, and Granny Smith apples.



First let's start with the details:


When:  March 2, 2018 at 11am EST through March 5, 2018 at Midnight.

Price: $8.50 each

Cap:  No Cap

Silk Base Coat


Cuticula Silk Base Coat

Silk Base Coat is 5 Free (Free of formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, formaldehyde resin, and camphor).   

Some other benefits are:
- Fast Drying (nails will be dry to the touch in about 3 minutes)
- Hours of Fresh Apples scent once fully dry
- High gloss shine
- Non Yellowing
- Durable Protection

I have been wearing Silk Base Coat since about November when Amanda asked me if I would be interested in testing out the new base coat.  I jumped at the chance because strengthening base coats have my heart.  

This base coat is phenomenal and has replaced all other base coats, with the exception of Cuticula's (sticky) Static Base Coat.  

In the four months I have been wearing this I have had minimal breakage, (with the exception of going to open a cabinet and missing, causing my hand to bang hard into the door, and cracking one nail).  My nails have been growing nice and strong otherwise, I constantly have to trim them.  

If I am having one of those days where I don't have the time to paint my nails, I will put on a coat of Silk Base Coat and I am good to go.  It protects them and keeps them looking shiny all day.

*please ignore the tint to my nails as that's normal for me, short of buffing\bleaching I have tried everything to get them whiter but they remain tinted*

Look at all the growth in the short amount of time!

I have also gotten FANTASTIC wear time using this.  I have gotten 14 days with just one chip, (the chip only happened on the 14th day too!), and regular tip wear.   I always use Silk Base Coat and Timeless Topcoat paired together for all my wear tests.

Most of the time I only wear my polish for a few days at a time, but when I saw how wonderfully it was holding up I wanted to put it to the test.  I had to tap out at 14 days though, I desperately needed to change it for my mental happiness by then.



Fresh Apples Scented Timeless Top Coat



Timeless Top Coat is a 5 Free, Scented Top Coat.  While it is not marked as a quick dry top coat, I find that it dries to the touch in about 3 minutes, but it's not quite ready for anything heavy duty until about 40-45 minutes.  At that point though I am ready for whatever.  I have put it to the ultimate test, I can even shower at that point and my manicure will remain flawless.  

It's super shiny, doesn't dull holo or flakie polishes, and does not cause shrinkage.  I use it for nail stamping all the time too.  I get a nice bead of the top coat on the end of my brush and float it over the polish and haven't had one complaint.



This month's scent Fresh Apples is one of my new favorites.  When I sniff it I can smell the apples but it also elicits something else.  I think it reminds me of a shampoo or conditioner I used to use, but neither my boyfriend or I can put our finger on which one.  He really likes the scent too, and he can be so very fussy, so Fresh Apples is a hit in my house, which makes me happy! 

Before I go, I wanted to give you some background on just what Polish Pickup itself is.

Polish Pickup is a group on Facebook that is an interactive experience that allows you to submit theme ideas and then everyone votes for their favorite choice.

After the winning theme is chosen and announced, different brands will create polishes, nail art items, or bath and beauty products, based off of the chosen monthly theme, that will be available for preorder on the Polish Pickup website for the first Friday of each month at 11 AM EST.  

It stays open for four days, until the following Monday at Midnight EST.  At that point, all the products available are gone, and won't be back as everything is Limited Edition for that month.

Since all polishes are pre-ordered, they will ship a minimum of 3 weeks after sale commencement.

And, the cherry on top? Polish Pickup ships for a flat fee of $3 in the US and $5 for Canada.  They also ship internationally at cost!



1 comment: