Thursday, October 26, 2017

Born Pretty Store - Metallic Nail Polish Mirror Effect Shiny Metal Nail Polish Review

Today I have a review to share with you on Born Pretty Store - Metallic Nail Polish Mirror Effect Shiny Metal Nail Polish.

Born Pretty reached out to me to review some products and I jumped at the chance, as always.  I've reviewed for them in the past and have had nothing but positive experiences.  When I went through what they had available for review, I was thrilled to see this Metallic Nail Polish Mirror Effect Shiny Metal Nail Polish because it was a mirror effect that didn't require Gel Polish.  I've never tried Gel Polish, and to be honest, it doesn't appeal to me.   I change my polish almost daily, so it's more of a hassle than anything.

When I received the Metallic Nail Polish Mirror Effect Shiny Metal Nail Polish, the color I had specifically chosen was "Blue Enchantress".  I immediately grabbed a nail wheel and applied it to two fake nails.  It applied and it was a bit streaky, I was sad, but once it dried, the streaks mostly went away and it really did have a mirror-like finish.  I was excited again!

I applied a Quick Dry Top Coat to one of fake nail swatches and those streaks resurfaced a bit.  It wasn't as much as the initial application, but they were visible.  So I thought to myself, no top coat for this one.

A few days pass and I finally sit down and do my nails.   I prep them with my base coat.  Once dry I go & apply the Metallic Nail Polish Mirror Effect Shiny Metal Nail Polish and it kind of melts a bit, separating, leaving it extremely patchy.  I tried again with a sticky base coat, but I still had the same results.  So I did it again, but with no base coat.

This time it worked as nicely as it did on my nail wheel swatches.  I applied 2 coats easily, and they dried fast on their own, and with that Metallic Mirror effect.

Except for one thing.

My nails are ridged as hell.

Without my base coat, you can see EVERY ridge my nail has to offer.

So, when you see my swatches, be nice, naked isn't always pretty!






Nail stick swatch shot to show how pretty it is if you have un-ridged nails.




Overall, the product itself worked great, it was just me, and my nails it wasn't right for.  Let me know if you have any other ideas on a base coat that would work well with this kind of finish, I'd love to wear this without seeing my ridges.





*These polishes were provided for an honest review, which I hope you have enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment