Thursday, January 4, 2018

Cuticula - Rock Candy Base and Top Coat - January 2018 Polish Pickup

Today I am absolutely delighted to be sharing Cuticula's contribution to January 2018's Polish Pickup with you!  The theme for this month's Polish Pickup is Crystals and Gemstones!

Can you guess what it is from the inspiration photo?

If you guessed Rock Candy you were right! 


This month Polish Pickup starts January 5th at 11am and ends January 8th at midnight.

First let me tell you about what Polish Pickup is exactly.

Polish Pickup is a group on Facebook that is a fun, interactive experience that allows you to submit theme ideas and then vote for your favorite theme!  Then, different nail polish brands will create polishes, or bath and beauty items, based off these themes, that they will have available on the Polish Pickup website for the first Friday of each month at 11 AM EST.  It stays open for four days, until the following Monday at Midnight EST.  The process then repeats for the following month.

If that didn't sound awesome enough, get this:  Polish Pickup ships for a flat fee of $3 in the US and Canada.  They also can now ship internationally at cost!
 
Cuticula has taken part in Polish Pickup before but this is her first time contributing scented base and top coats for it, and she chose such a wonderful scent.


Timeless is a 5 free, scented top coat!  It isn't marked as a quick dry top coat, but in my tests I found that it dries to the touch in about 3 minutes.  It's not ready for you to go digging through your purse just yet, but it's dry enough so you can play with your phone, type on a computer, those kinds of easy activities.  Within approximately 30 to 40 minutes it's dried hard enough that I can go shower, or even walk my dog, who is a Husky and pulls like crazy, so I can't be dainty having wet nails.

Static Base Coat is a sticky base coat that also protects against staining.  I've worn this with base coat with both of Cuticula's top coats, and even other brands top coats and have gotten as much as 10 days wear, and even then the wear was minimal, I only removed the polish because I just couldn't take wearing the same thing one more day!  

Another thing Static Base Coat is great for is stamping, if you apply a thin coat over your polish, before you stamp, it will give the stamp something sticky to grip and the tranfer will be more crisp., making it great for reverse stamping!

Rock Candy is described as an explosive blend of the sweet berry trio of juicy ripe cherries, strawberries, and raspberries harmonized with hints of tangy citrus brought together by icy peppermint and sugary hard rock candy.

To my nose, somehow, the top note that I smell is grape, even though that is not in there. My nose is broken I swear!   It does remind me of a gum I used to love to chew as a kid, but for the life of me I can't place which gum.  Each night when I put this combo on I smell my nails for entirely too long, hoping it will just magically come to me, but so far no luck.  Hopefully one of you guys can tell me after you've grabbed yourself some.

** just a quick note: my nails were tinted yellow prior to using this base coat**

Lets talk wear time.

Wear time is fantastic with the Static Base and Timeless Top Coat.  They both way outlast my desire to wear any polish!

I got 7 days easy, with only tip wear showing.  Here are some pictures to show you just how fantastic they look after all this time.


I am currently on day 8 as I sit here and type this and it still looks amazing.

Overall, Cuticula's Rock Candy Base & Top Coat are amazing, both in longevity and smell.  I am in love with the scent, and am kind of sad that it's a Limited Edition for Polish Pickup.  I'm definitely going to be grabbing some backups on January 5th, but I want this scent in ALL the things, forever.


Links:

Polish Pickup 
Shop:  https://www.polishpickup.com/
Polish Pickup Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/polishpickup/
Polish Pickup Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/polishpickuppack/

No comments:

Post a Comment