Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Vapid Lacquer - My Little Vapicorn Spring 2018 Collection

Hi everyone! Today I have something wonderful and exciting to share with you!  I have the My Little Vapicorn, Spring 2018 Collection from Vapid Lacquer!



Date:  March 25, 2018

Time:  3:00 pm Central


This collection consists of eight new polishes! Two thermals, five creamy jellies, and one iridescent topper!

The My Little Vapicorn Collection was inspired by some of Krys' favorite childhood ponies and their 35th Anniversary.  

These colors will be available as singles, and they will be a limited pour with no set date of their return, so set those alarms and grab them while they're available!

Now, let us get into it!

No Can Do, Sugar Cube!  

No Can Do, Sugar Cube is described as an Iridescent Topper.  This will be very limited for this release.  It has a violet shimmer with blue to teal shifting glitters.  

I have it shown here with one coat over a black creme polish.

I decided to start off with No Can Do, Sugar Cube because I will be showing it layered over the five creamy jellies of this collection.







Easy As Pie!

Easy As Pie is described as a bubblegum pink with a blue shimmer with a shifting sparkle.

This was opaque for me in three coats.  The formula was very smooth and easy to apply.  This dried pretty shiny on its own and was very easy to remove.

At the end I have Easy As Pie shown with one coat of No Can Do Sugar Cube, which is a Limited Edition iridescent topper for this release.

All swatches are shown with Vapid's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.








Swatches below are shown with one coat of "No Can Do Sugar Cube" over "Easy As Pie!".





Oh, Hay!

Oh, Hay! is described as a happy green with blue shimmer and sparks of color.  

This was opaque for me in two coats.  The formula was very smooth and easy to apply.  This dried pretty shiny on its own and was very easy to remove.

At the end I have Oh, Hay! shown with one coat of No Can Do Sugar Cube, which is a Limited Edition iridescent topper for this release.

All swatches are shown with Vapid's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.







Swatches below are of "Oh, Hay!" with one coat of "No Can Do, Sugar Cube"





Fizzlepop Berrytwist

Fizzlepop Berrytwist is described as a beautiful orchid violet with an adorable pink shimmer and a magical pop of sparkle.

This was opaque for me in three coats.  The formula was very smooth and easy to apply.  This dried pretty shiny on its own and was very easy to remove.

At the end I have Fizzlepop Berrytwist shown with one coat of No Can Do Sugar Cube, a Limited Edition iridescent topper for this release.

All swatches are shown with Vapid's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.







Swatches shown below are Fizzlepop Berrytwist with one coat of No Can do, Sugar Cube.






See, Now You're Thinking Like A Pony!

See, Now You're Thinking Like A Pony is described as a soft, bright blue that is warmed with a gorgeous copper shimmer and a shifting fire.

This was opaque for me in three coats.  The formula was very smooth and easy to apply.  This dried pretty shiny on its own and was very easy to remove.

At the end I have See, Now You're Thinking Like A Pony shown at the end with one coat of No Can Do Sugar Cube, a Limited Edition iridescent topper for this release.

All swatches are shown with Vapid's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.









Swatches below are shown with See, Now You're Thinking Like A Pony with one coat of No Can Do, Sugar Cube.









Pappy Pony Picked a Pluck of Prickly Pluffnuggets

Pappy Pony Picked a Pluck of Prickly Pluffnuggets is described as a bright, happy, warm yellow ith a pink shimmer and gorgeous aqua to purple flash of color.

This was opaque for me in three coats.  The formula was very smooth and easy to apply.  This dried pretty shiny on its own and was very easy to remove.

At the end I have Pappy Pony Picked a Pluck of Prickly Pluffnuggets shown at the end with one coat of No Can Do Sugar Cube, a Limited Edition iridescent topper for this release.

All swatches are shown with Vapid's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.









Swatches below of Pappy Pony Picked a Pluck of Prickly Pluffnuggets are shown with one coat of No Can Do, Sugar Cube






Now on to the two thermal polishes!

Fling

Fling is described as a bright rose when cold, to pink when warm and dripping with sparkle and a flirtatious vibe.

Fling was opaque for me in three coats.  The formula was very smooth and easy to apply.  This dried pretty shiny on its own and was very easy to remove.

This was a hard one to capture, and the cold color is a bit deeper in person.  This thermal is more subtle than the other one in the collection, but is more visible in person.

All swatches are shown with Vapid's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.


Shown in the cold state


Shown in the warm state



Shown in transition.  
Index and middle finger are cold, ring and pinky are hot.


Left cold, right hot


Clique

Clique is a thermal polish that transitions from a grape purple to a bright pink when warm.  This polish has such an intense shimmer, it looks lit from within.  This is my favorite of the collection and possibly my favorite thermal ever.  That shimmer is insane and it almost hurt when I had to take it off.

Clique was opaque in just two coats. It had an amazing formula that was very smooth and easy to apply.  It also removed easily too.

All swatches are shown with Vapid's High Shine Quick Dry Top Coat.

Shown here in the cold state.




Shown here is the hot state.



Shown is Clique in transition.









I was running tight on time so I was unable to do nail art with all the polishes.  My dog injured his foot, and the medicine they gave him didn't quite agree with him.  He ended up throwing up on our bed, TWICE!  :\  I am so thankful that the bed salesman talked us into getting a rubber fitted sheet because it has saved our butts a few times.  Needless to say, my dog is now banned from the bed until the protective top sheet I ordered from Amazon arrives!

I did get to play around for one nail art design, and to be honest, I think it's prettier than anything else I could have thought of.  

I used all five crelly polishes in a gradient along with No Can Do Sugar Cube over top.  It's such a happy and bright design, it's perfect for the My Little Vapicorn Collection.




You just know I had to add some Unicorn stamping!





No comments:

Post a Comment