Monday, February 25, 2019

Polish Pickup - March 2019



Hi there!  Today I have for you a few gorgeous polishes for the March 2019 Polish Pickup!  I have a lot of information and pictures to share, so I'm going to do everything in alphabetical order to keep it easy.  Now, let's just jump on in, shall we?


WHO/WHAT: 
(click for direct links)

WHERE:

INSPIRATION:
The theme for March is Album Covers. I have listed each with the swatches down below.

PRICE/CAP/LIMIT:
1850 Artisan Polish - Lunar Eclipse  -  $13.00 and no cap.
Cuticula | Cherry Red Lips Nail Nectar Cuticle Oil - $8.00 and no cap.
Cuticula | Static Base Coat in Cherry Red Lips - $8.50 and no cap.
Cuticula | Timeless Top Coat in Cherry Red Lips - $8.50 and no cap.
Girly Bits | Say Hello 2 Heaven - $13.00 and a cap of 300
Lilypad Lacquer - $15.50 and no cap.
Moonflower Polish | You're All I Need - $12.50 and a cap of 70
Polished For Days | The Other - $12.50 and no cap.
Supermoon Lacquer | Love Yourself - $13.00 and a cap of 90


1850 Artisan Polish - Lunar Eclipse 


Lunar Eclipse is described as a black linear holographic thermal polish with scattered holographic micro flakes.  It transitions from a black linear holo when cold to a clear that builds up to a silvery linear holo when warm.

The application is flawless.  I had zero application issues to report.  It went on smoothly and evenly, and the transition was very responsive!  The removal is very easy as well.

  My swatches show two coats plus a glossy top coat.

Inspiration:
Pink Floyd  - The Dark Side of The Moon
Image result for pink floyd dark side of the moon


The photos below are shown in the cold state:







The photos shown below are in the warm state:








Photos below are shown in the transition state:










  Cuticula - Cherry Red Lips

This month Cuticula is bringing us three items, all in the wonderful scent Cherry Red Lips.

Inspiration:
Red by Taylor Swift
Image result for red taylor swift
Cherry Red Lips is described as Crisp bubbly champagne with the perfect blend of cherries.

Let's start first with the new addition to the Polish Pickup, Nail Nectar.  It's a nourishing, scented Cuticle Oil.


Nail Nectar is incredibly nourishing, as you can see above, it will take your dry cuticles and transform them into something that you will actually be proud to show people.  It absorbs very quickly so it doesn't leave you with greasy hands for hours like a lot of cuticle oils tend to do.

This will be available in a rollerball dispenser, and I have to admit, I'm not usually a fan of the rollerballs because I find they can be hard to use and don't roll.  These however impressed me because they actually work! The rollerball is fast and easily rolls to dispense the perfect amount of oil for you to rub into your nails and cuticles.

Ingredients: Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Fragrance.

The scent, Cherry Red Lips is also a home run! When Amanda originally told me she was doing a cherry scent, I had reservations, whenever I hear cherry, my mind goes to medicine but this actually smells good. Like a candy kind of cherry! I was pleasantly surprised and find myself reaching for it the most of all the scents I have at the moment.


Static Base Coat is offered in the same scent, Cherry Red Lips.

Static Base Coat is a sticky base that works like double sided sticky tape while adhering to your nail and the polish applied to it. This base coat along with Timeless Top Coat will give you up to two weeks of wear time.

Personally, I have gotten the two weeks wear time easily while wearing Static Base Coat.  I only changed my polish at that point for my own sanity.  I just cannot wear any polish that long, I always want change.  But, if you're not like me and enjoy wearing your mani's for a long time, this is the perfect base coat for you.  Even after those two weeks were up I only had some tip wear and growth.

I've also learned that Static Base Coat works great when you're doing reverse stamping.  I add a layer to my nails a minute or two before I am ready to stamp and it adheres perfectly every time!




Last, but certainly not least from Cuticula this month is her Timeless Top Coat in the scent, Cherry Red Lips.

Timeless Top Coat is a 5 Free, Top Coat.

While it is not marked as a quick dry top coat, I find that it dries to the touch in about 3-5 minutes. At that point I can do easy stuff like typing, playing on my phone, take pictures, eat, etc..  However, it's not quite ready for anything heavy duty until about 40-45 minutes.   By then though, it's rock hard.  I can even shower at that point and my manicure will remain flawless.

The wear time I get using Timeless Top Coat is amazing.  I have easily gotten two weeks with barely any wear to show.  I only removed the polish at that point because I just cannot wear any polish that long.  If you're going on vacation and want the best longevity on your mani, this is your top coat.

It's super shiny, doesn't dull holo or flakie polishes, and does not cause shrinkage.

^ Look how shiny and glassy it makes your manicure! ^

Bonus it also is great with stamping. Just take a big bead of polish and float it over your mani like you would do with any top coat.

Here is a closer look at this nail art I did for Chery Red Lips:





Girly Bits | Say Hello 2 Heaven


Say Hello 2 Heaven is described as a vibrant purple with heavy violet undertones, accented with purple and blue shimmer, gold flakes, and color shifting flakes in purple/blue.

Say Hello 2 Heaven is a wonderful blurple color! My swatches lean a bit more on the blue side because my camera really picked up on that blue shimmer.  I also found it looked more purple on my laptop and leaned more blue on my phone.  Purples are so finicky but SO worth it.  Trust me, you will absolutely love this one in person.

The formula on Say Hello 2 Heaven was wonderful. I had zero application issues.  It went on smoothly and evenly.  It also removes easily.

My swatches show two coats plus a glossy top coat.

Inspiration:
Temple of the Dog
 
"Temple of the Dog which is a blend of several amazing artists from the ‘90’s grunge era, and features one of my favourite singers; Chris Cornell. I regret never having the opportunity to see him in concert.  Cornell wrote Say Hello 2 Heaven as a tribute to his roommate, Mother Love Bone vocalist Andrew Wood who at the time had recently died. Little did we know that it would also end up memorializing Chris Cornell himself."  - Pam Heil, Girly Bits







Look at those flakies!





Lilypad Lacquer | It's Not Me, It's You


It's Not Me, It's You is described as a baby pink creme with geometric scattered holo pigment with pink flakies and pink sheen.

It's Not Me, It's You has a wonderful formula.  I had zero application issues.  It applied very smoothly and evenly.  It also removes easily.

My swatches show two coats plus a glossy top coat.

Inspiration:
Lily Allen - It's Not Me It's You
Image result for it's not me it's you lily allen







The next set of swatches are shown with a glossy top coat.










Moonflower Polish | You're All I Need


You're All I Need is described as an indigo/periwinkle creme base with red-gold multichrome shimmer and scattered holo.

You’re All I Need is designed to be primarily used as a stamping polish. You can use it over black for the most intense sparkly and shiny effect or over lighter colors for a pretty, shimmery periwinkle. It does dry semi-matte.

You're All I Need has a wonderful formula.  It applied very smoothly and evenly.  Removal was also easy.

It stamped wonderfully.  I didn't have to manipulate the stamper in any way to get a good pickup.  It looks great over both dark and light colors. 

Inspiration:
Collective Soul Dosage
Dosage









Aside from being absolutely stunning when worn on its own, it also stamps wonderfully.  I did some stamping over a black and white to show off how great it looks over a light and dark color.  I also used it in a pretty Valentines Day Mani I wore.















Polished For Days | The Other



The Other is described as a greige base with glowing blue to pink to purple iridescent flakes and holographic flakes.

The Other is a beautifully unique addition to my collection! I honestly have nothing else like it! I love that blue shimmer!

It has a wonderful formula.  It went on smoothly and evenly.  I had no application issues.  It also removes easily.

Inspiration:
Lauv - The Other











Supermoon Lacquer | Love Yourself


Love Yourself is described as a white holographic base filled with cyan/blue/purple and blue/purple/magenta multichrome pigment, purple-to-red color shifting aurora pigment, green-to-pink, blue-to-purple, and violet-to-red color shifting shimmer, silver shimmer, white sparks, iridescent blue/purple microglitter, holographic silver microglitter, rainbow pearl microflakies, and holographic silver microflakies.

INSPIRATION
Image result for love yourself album
"I first got into KPOP in the late 2000s with OG groups such as Big Bang and Wonder Girls. However, it'd been a while since I'd really given the genre much thought or focus since a lot of the groups that had sprung up in the early 2010s didn't really interest me. Nearly a decade later in April/May of 2018, a friend of mine wouldn't shut up about this group called BTS. I had heard of them, of course, but had resisted giving them a shot for roughly a year to a year and a half before that because I didn't really want to either A. be disappointed or B. fall back down the KPOP rabbit hole. Well I finally caved in and fast forward to the present day where I've now seen them in concert, own nearly 3/4ths of their discography (physical albums, mind you), have converted about 10 other people into ARMY (BTS's fandom name), and have also fallen in love with a number of other current groups. SIGH. So of course when the album covers theme was announced, I KNEW I had to do BTS. I chose to use the cover of their 'Love Yourself: Answer' album - the third and final installment in their 'Love Yourself' trilogy, which the polish was then named after." - Mardi Carruth, The Howling Boutique's Supermoon Lacquer

Love Yourself's formula is as amazing as it is beautiful.  It applied very smoothly and evenly. I have zero application issues to report.  It also removes easily.

My swatches show two coats plus a glossy top coat.










Before I go I want to give you some background on what Polish Pickup itself is.

Polish Pickup is a group on Facebook that is an interactive experience that allows you to submit theme ideas and then everyone votes for their favorite choice.

After the winning theme is chosen and announced, different brands will create polishes, nail art items, or bath and beauty products, based off of the chosen monthly theme, that will be available for preorder on the Polish Pickup website for the first Friday of each month at 11 AM EST.  

It stays open for four days, until the following Monday at Midnight EST.  At that point, all the products available are gone, and won't be back as everything is Limited Edition for that month.

Since all polishes are pre-ordered, they will ship a minimum of 3 weeks after sale commencement.

And, the cherry on top? Polish Pickup ships for a flat fee of $3 in the US and $5 for Canada.  They also ship internationally at cost!

Polish Pickup 
Polish Pickup Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/polishpickuppack/

1850 Artisan Polish 

Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/142794929743038/

Cuticula 

Girly Bits:

Shop:  https://www.girlybitscosmetics.com/
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/GirlyBits?ref=hl
Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/GirlyBitsLovers/
Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/girlybitscosmetics/

Lilypad Lacquer:
Lilypad Lacquer Shop:  https://lilypadlacquer.com/

Moonflower Lacquer:
Shop:  https://www.moonflowerpolish.com/
Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/moonflowerpolish/
Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/260038131088771/
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/moonflowerpolish


Polished For Days:

The Howling Boutique's Supermoon Lacquer

No comments:

Post a Comment