Thursday, September 5, 2019

Polish Pickup - September 2019


Hi everyone! Today I have lots of polishes to share with you from the September Polish Pickup (PPU)!  The theme is "Magic & Alchemy" and these makers have created stunning polishes for us to enjoy!

WHO/WHAT:
Polish Pickup

When:
September 6, 2019, at 11am EST
Ends - September 9, 2019

WHERE:

INSPIRATION:
The theme for September is Magic & Alchemy
*not my photo*

Application Video:

https://youtu.be/psu6DudnEyI

77 Nail Lacquer | Invocation of the Spirit

Invocation of the Spirit is described as a black base with caramel hex glitters and gold to green to purple to red, blue to gold to orange to purple, and red to green to blue to purple color-shifting pigments.

The formula and application are both great.  It applies smoothly and evenly.  Even though it has those hex glitters I didn't find it hard to remove.

Swatches show two coats plus a glossy top coat.

Inspiration: The Craft

Price: $14.00
Cap: 90 Bottles


By Dany Vianna | Basilisk Scales


Description: Peridot Holo base with gold metallic and gold and green UCC flakies

Inspiration: Basilisk Scales as potion ingredients

The formula and application are both great.  It applies smoothly and evenly.  Removal was also easy and I experienced zero staining.

Swatches show three coats plus a glossy top coat.

$11.50
100 bottles available





Cupcake Polish | Wicked Through & Through


Wicked Through & Through is described as a green jelly-based nail polish loaded with vibrant green/gold/pink color shifting iridescent flakies

The formula and application are both great.  It applies smoothly and evenly.  Removal was also easy and I experienced zero staining.

Swatches show three coats plus a glossy top coat.

Inspiration: Elphaba from Wicked
$13.00
No Cap.





CuticulaLimitless Quick Dry Top Coat & 

Static Base Coat Duo


The Sorcery scent is described as a fruity blend of blackberries, peaches, watermelon, and green apple. This mouth-watering blend is reminiscent of a refreshing fruit salad.

Inspiration: Disney's Fantasia
$16.00 - sold as a duo only
No Cap.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!  Since this scent is for PPU and wont be released again for Limitless or Static, you are going to need backups!

The first thing that my nose picks up is the watermelon, but as the description says, it really does remind me of a fruit salad.  As I wear it I pick up the apple and blackberry notes, and the peach is in there kind of tying it all together.  It's my new favorite and I think it may have even knocked Dole Whip out of my "favorite" spot.

Every single glossy swatch you will see in this post was done using Limitless.

Limitless is my favorite top coat to swatch with and use on a daily basis.  It lets me fly through swatching because it's so quick drying.  I don't have to worry about messing my nails up when I adjust my tripod between video and photos, or even just picking up the bottle.  While I did hate wasting it on swatches, it made me happy sniffing it as I was going along. The scent lasts at least two days for me too! It's not one of those overpowering scents either.  It's just right.

FREE of Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Toluene, and Formaldehyde. Smear not! Limitless is also my go-to top coat for use after any kind of nail art because I trust it will keep my hard work protected, and won't smear it.

Benefits of Limitless:
5 Free of (Does not contain toxic chemicals)
Quick Drying
Scented
No Smearing
No Shrinkage
Doesn't Dull Holos
Glassy Shine
Long-Lasting Protection

Static Base Coat 


Static Base Coat part of the Duo with Limitless this month and it is scented with the same glorious Sorcery sent as I described above.

Static Base Coat gives me fantastic wear time.  I can easily get ten days with no chipping, just tip wear.  If I really want to put it to the test and go until I chip, I can get around 14 Days usually before it chips and I take it off.

Static Base Coat is 5 Free (Free of formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, formaldehyde resin, and camphor), it dries fast, by the time you're done applying it to all your nails, you can go ahead and begin applying your polish. It protects from staining. Since it's a sticky base coat it can also be a good secret weapon for nail art.  If you reverse stamp you can apply a  thin coat to your nails before you're ready to put your design on your nails and it helps the transfer from the stamper to nail.  I don't know about you but for me, nothing is more frustrating than trying to transfer the design to your nails and it getting messed up in the process.



Cuticula | Magic Mirror Magnetic Shifting Topper


Magic Mirror described as a shifting magnetic pigment topper. This topper shifts from violet – blue – green.

Inspiration: Disney's Fantasia
$12.00
Cap: 270

Magic Mirror is a gorgeous magnetic topper, and the spectrum that it shifts through is insanely pretty.  I have my swatches shown over Cuticula's Licorice.  If you check Cuticula's fan group you will see it applied over a variety of shades from different swatchers, and each one is jaw-dropping!

The process to apply a magnetic polish is pretty easy.  First, you will need to apply your base color and let it dry.  Then have your magnet ready and apply one generous coat of Magic Mirror , then immediately take a magnet and hover over your nail for about 60 seconds.  Apply your top coat as usual, (I recommend Limitless, also available in PPU this month because it plays very nicely with magnetic polishes) and then hover your magnet over it once again to seal in the magnetic pattern.  This step isn't necessary, but I like my line tight so I always try and remember to do this.

This topper looks best over darker colors, but you can try it over any color you’d like.

Aura is described as a pale lilac base with a very dense red, copper to green shifting shimmer and a rainbow of iridescent flakies.

I have Aura shown here over my naked nails in three coats and then on my ring finger, I have it shown here in one coat over a black creme polish.  The formula is excellent. It goes on smoothly and easily.  It also removes easily.

Inspiration: Magic crystals
$12.50
No Cap.

My Eternal is described as a deep blue/teal jelly base with a very strong copper/red/gold/green shimmer, OGUP and a generous amount of holographic shine.

My Eternal is goooooorgeous.  I swatched this and as soon as I did, I knew I was done for the night because there was no way I was taking it off so soon.  The formula and application are wonderful.  The removal is also easy.

Swatches show three thin coats plus a  glossy top coat.

Inspiration: Marie laveau / New Orleans Voodoo
$13.00
No Cap.

Pixie Magic is a burnishing powder that can be used easily without the use of Gel or a UV light.

The kit comes with a 5ml bottle of Jreine’s Super Base (Burnishing Base coat), 0.30 grams by weight of Pixie Magic in VOODOO and an applicator for easier application. This .30 gram pot should give you several manicures. 

This was incredibly easy to use.  I did it over an orange creme, shown below to show you the starting color.  I painted my nails normally using all my usual top and base coat products.  Once it was dry, I applied a thin coat of Jrine's Super Base, and then took my finger, dipped it in the powder and rubbed it on my nails.  Then I finished it with the applicator to burnish it.  I didn't use latex because I wanted to get an idea of clean up so I could report back to you.  All I did was take a baby wipe and clean around my cuticles and it was all gone.  Super easy!  I then applied my Limitless Fast Drying Top Coat from Cuticula and was done! Super easy with gorgeous results!

Official How To:
- Start with Super Base or you can use your favorite base coat.
- Apply desired polish and allow to dry.
- Apply top coat if desired. Super Base may remove a small amount of your base polish unless it is floated on. To eliminate this you can top coat your polish first.
- Float one coat of super base and allow to dry 30-40 seconds. 
- Using your fingertip or included applicator gently rub Pixie Magic Voodoo onto your nail.
- Use included applicator to further burnish Voodoo onto your nail.
- Remove any loose powder by using a brush or your fingers. 
- Use your favorite top coat to seal.

5ml of Super Base and 0.30 grams by weight of Pixie Magic Voodoo
Inspiration: Marie Laveau / New Orleans Voodoo
$15.00
Cap: 250
^original polish color so you can see how the Pixie Magic Voodoo transformed it!

It's Some Kind Of Magic is described as a cobalt navy blue scattered holo with microfine silver holo particles, and finishes with a strong crimson/red sheen

The formula and application are excellent, it goes on smoothly and easily.  Removal is also easy.

Swatches show two coats.

$14.00
200 bottles available

Rainbow Quartz Was is described as a 2oz white wax melt hand painted with iridescent color shifting shimmers. With a bright and mysterious fragrance of Strawberry guava, frozen juniper, wild orchids and sea salt.

This smells wonderful and looks really cool, I almost didn't want to melt it.  The smell is flowery and the strawberry guava is what first hits my nose.

Random thought. Taking photos of the melting wax was harder than I thought. Kudos to the lovely ladies who do this all the time and make it look awesome.

Inspiration: Magic crystals 
$6.00
No Cap.


Long Live The King is described as a bright red (slightly coral) base packed with pink to gold and orange to gold/green shifting iridescent flakes.

This polish is bananas you guys! This is another swatch stopper. I had to just call it a night and wear this for a few days. It's totally unique and stunning.  It just glows from within.  I even have this on my toes right now because I just needed to keep wearing it.

The formula and application is wonderful.  Nothing is textured so the removal is also easy.

Swatches show two coats and a glossy top coat.

Inspiration:  World of Color at Disney California Adventure
$12.50
No Cap
Swatches shown below are with added matte top coat


Sparklefingers Magic is described as a deep indigo to purple to red shifting multichrome.

This is another stunningly gorgeous polish.  It's so shifty and glowy! My photos do NOT do it justice.  The formula and application are wonderful and the removal is easy.

Swatches show two coats and a  glossy top coat.

Inspiration: Shia LaBeouf 
$12.00
275 bottles available

Darkhold is described as a blackened red base filled with blue-to-red and turquoise-to-purple color shifting shimmer, gold sparks, rose pearl microflakies, and holographic silver microflakies.

Darkhold is gorgeous! It's shifty and sparkly.  It's one of those polishes where you will just keep looking at your hand and seeing something different.  My pictures do not do it justice.  I took a ton to try and show it off properly though!  The application is wonderful, it goes on smoothly and easily.  Removal is also easy.

Swatches show two coats plus a glossy top coat.

Inspiration: Marvel's Book of Sins aka the Darkhold
$12.50
No Cap.

Poor Unfortunate Souls is described as a light purple base with blue to purple to pink to green aurora shifting shimmer, gold to green to copper crystal flakies, and green to aqua crystal flakies, and scattered holo flakies.

This is gorgeous and so glowy! This also looks amazing over a black creme polish.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the idea until last night and could only test it on a nail wheel, but you should definitely give it a try.  The formula is excellent, it applies smoothly and easily. Removal is also easy.

Inspiration:  Ursula from The Little Mermaid
$13.00
110 bottles available
Polish Pickup 
Polish Pickup Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/polishpickuppack/

No comments:

Post a Comment