Thursday, November 1, 2018

Cuticula | Grow a Pear | November 2018 Polish Pickup


Hi there!  Today I have a review for you featuring Cuticula's Grow a Pear Duo for the November 2018 Polish Pickup!  These will be available both as a duo or individually if you only want one.

The theme for this month's Polish Pickup is Badass women, and Amanda chose Lucille Ball who was definitely a badass of her time!

Now, let's start with those details!

Inspiration:

Lucille Ball

When:
November 2, 2018, through November 5, 2018

Where:
Price:
$15.00 for the duo

-or-

For the individuals:
Silk Base Coat - $8.50
Timeless Top Coat - $8.50

Cap:
None

Silk Base Coat 

in the scent Grow A Pear


Grown A Pear Silk Base Coat is described as a blend of fizzy pop and fresh pears to give you the most amazing aroma of sparkling pear soda. Think 7-up and fresh pears.

I am a sucker for anything that has a pear scent, but pear mixed with the fizzy scent? Winner Winner! I love this scent.  The sweet pear scent hits me first but that fizzy bubbles scent isn't far behind.  They blend so well together for a nice sweet scent.

My nails have always stained easily and been yellowish, I have noticed a huge change since I have begun using Silk exclusively.  I have much more white growing in, and I owe that all to Silk's protection!

Silk Base Coat is 5 Free (Free of formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, formaldehyde resin, and camphor), Fast Drying (nails will be dry to the touch in about 3 minutes), has a high gloss shine, is non-yellowing, and offers durable protection if you like wearing it alone.  The scent lasts for hours, and sometimes even a few days.






Timeless Top Coat

in the scent Grow A Pear


Grow A Pear scented Timeless Top Coat is a matching smell to the Silk Base Coat. Grow A Pear is described as a blend of fizzy pop and fresh pears to give you the most amazing aroma of sparkling pear soda. Think 7-up and fresh pears.

When you pair the matching base coat with the Timeless Top Coat your scent is a bit stronger since it doesn't have the polish as the topmost layer, so it lasts a lot longer.

I get to enjoy about 15 hours of scent with Grow A Pear, which is perfect for me!  It also has the added bonus of my boyfriend not complaining from the other room about the lacquer smell most polish/top coats give off!

Timeless Top Coat is a 5 Free, Scented Top Coat.  While it is not marked as a quick dry top coat, I find that it dries to the touch in about 3-5 minutes. At that point I can do easy stuff like typing, playing on my phone, taking pictures, eating.  Although it's not quite ready for anything heavy duty until about 40-45 minutes.   By then though, it's rock hard.  I can even shower at that point and my manicure will remain flawless.

It's super shiny, doesn't dull holo or flakie polishes, and does not cause shrinkage.

Look how shiny and glassy it makes your manicure!




I did some art too! I chose the reddened base for Lucille Balls hair and the gold to honor the dress she is wearing in Amanda's inspiration picture.

Timeless Top Coat works great for stamping too!  What I do is get a big bead on my brush and float it over my stamping and it doesn't smear while drying super glossy with hours of yummy scent to enjoy.







Before I leave you, here is some background on what Polish Pickup itself is.

Polish Pickup is a group on Facebook that is an interactive experience that allows you to submit theme ideas and then everyone votes for their favorite choice.

After the winning theme is chosen and announced, different brands will create polishes, nail art items, or bath and beauty products, based off of the chosen monthly theme, that will be available for preorder on the Polish Pickup website for the first Friday of each month at 11 AM EST.  

It stays open for four days, until the following Monday at Midnight EST.  At that point, all the products available are gone, and won't be back as everything is Limited Edition for that month.

Since all polishes are pre-ordered, they will ship a minimum of 3 weeks after sale commencement.

And, the cherry on top? Polish Pickup ships for a flat fee of $3 in the US and $5 for Canada.  They also ship internationally at cost!













No comments:

Post a Comment