Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Cuticula - Trick 'Or Treat Duo & Caramel Apple Pops Cloud Cover Matte Top Coat | September 2018's Polish Pickup


Hi there!  I am back with another exciting release from Cuticula for September's Polish Pickup!  For the month of September Polish Pickup's chosen theme is Horror Movies, and Amanda chose the movie Trick 'r Treat.  I haven't seen this movie, but that's only because when I looked, it wasn't streaming anywhere without having to buy it.  It's definitely on my list of movies to watch as soon as it comes to Netflix.

Cuticula will be bringing you 3 items to Polish Pickup this month.

The first is a duo featuring Timeless Top Coat and either Silk Base Coat *or* Static Base Coat.

The second is their Cloud Cover Matte Top Coat!



Let's start with details first before I get lost in my excitement over these products.

Inspiration:

When:
September 7th through September 10th

Where:

Direct Link to items:
&


Price:
$15.00 for 
Trick 'r Treat Duo

&
$8.50 for 
Caramel Apple Pops Cloud Cover Matte Top Coat

Cap:
None.

Caramel Apple Pops Scented

Cloud Cover Matte Top Coat

This matte top coat is scented in 'Caramel Apple Pops' The sweet and salty aroma of gooey salted caramel and sweet-tart green apple candy. 

This. Smells. So. Good!  

Caramel Apple Pops smells just like caramel apple candy.  I absolutely loved this scent.  It's not too strong, but it's also not so subtle that you lose it when you apply a lotion, or take a shower.  This scent has lasted me a few days.  The mani I am wearing now using it is 3 days old and I can still smell it faintly.

What I do is I always apply my Timeless Top Coat first and let it dry a bit, then I will apply my matte top coat. 

The Matte effect is also one of the best I have ever used.  It's that perfect chalkboard like finish, like I actually have the urge to take some chalk to it when I wear it over a dark color.

Also, it doesn't leave any of those strange white dots you can get with some matte top coats.

Here are a few fun manicures I did using Caramel Apple Pops Scented
Cloud Cover Matte Top Coat.







Trick 'r Treat Duo

The official description is:
‘Trick’ Salted Carmel Scented Base Coat – The sweet and salty aroma of gooey salted caramel.
Treat’ Timeless Top Coat in the scent Green Apple Candy – Sweet tart and perfect for fall this green apple candy has it all.

What I personally find really fun is that the duo was created for layering! Let me explain.

The idea behind these is that you put down your base coat first, which will be Salted Caramel scented, you apply your polish as normal, and then top it off with your Green Apple Candy Timeless Top Coat.  These two scents will mix and give you the smell of those yummy caramel apple lollipops that you may enjoy eating around this time of year.  

You can also pick your base coat, so if you prefer to have a strengthener as a base coat, you would pick Silk Base Coat at checkout, or maybe you're more of a sticky base coat kinda person, you would then choose Static Base Coat at check out.  

Either way, you cannot go wrong with this duo.  They smell so so yummy.  I've been wearing this duo exclusively these past few weeks and this scent combination is right up there in my all-time favorite Cuticula scents.

You can also layer these with some of your other favorite Cuticula scents.  I'm obsessed with apple scents so I totally plan on using "Treat" with "Fresh Apples" (their Silk Base Coat from the March 2018 Polish Pickup). 






Timeless Top Coat is a 5 Free, Scented Top Coat.  While it is not marked as a quick dry top coat, I find that it dries to the touch in about 3 minutes, but it's not quite ready for anything heavy duty until about 40-45 minutes.  At that point though I am ready for whatever.  I have put it to the ultimate test, I can even shower at that point and my manicure will remain flawless.  

It's super shiny, doesn't dull holo or flakie polishes, and does not cause shrinkage.  I use it for nail stamping all the time too.  I get a nice bead of the top coat on the end of my brush and float it over the polish and it works wonderfully.

*base coat did not tint my nails.  They're just that way from years of nail polish usage.*

Silk base coat is the perfect smoothing foundation for a long-lasting, chip-free manicure and can also be worn alone to create a nice natural look while giving your nails the strength they need. It works wonderfully as a base for your polish while giving you great wear time when paired with Timeless Top Coat.

I chose Silk Base Coat for my Duo as strengthening base coats will always be my #1, but here is some information on Static Base Coat.

Static is a sticky base that works like double sided sticky tape while adhering to your nail and the polish applied to it. This base coat along with Timeless Top Coat will give you up to two weeks of wear time. 

I have done wear tests with both of these base coats and I have gotten an astounding two weeks easy out of them.  At that point, I usually need to switch up my polish for my sanity though.

Keep an eye out on my upcoming Instagram videos as you will be able to see these three in action!




No comments:

Post a Comment