Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Fancy Gloss - What Happens When You Sleep? | September 2018's Polish Pickup


Hi guys!  Today I have for you Fancy Gloss' contribution to the September 2018 Polish Pickup.  

The theme for the month of September is horror movies!  

I was so excited when it was announced as the winning theme because horror movies are my absolute favorite.  Sadly, my boyfriend doesn't share my love for them, so I tend to binge watch them on Netflix when I'm alone.  It's not so bad though, he can be a talker, and I need silence when watching a good movie.  How about you? Do you mind some chatter during a movie/TV show, or do you prefer silence?

Let's get into What Happens When You Sleep?

Inspiration:
**not my photo**

Jackie picked Paranormal Activity for her inspiration.

When:
September 7th through September 10th

Where:

Price:
$12.50

Cap:
None

What Happens When You Sleep? is described as a thermal polish that is a dark blue/teal when cold & transitions to light blue when warm, with blue shimmer and pink/green/orange/yellow flakes.

What Happens When You Sleep? had a wonderful formula, it wasn't too thick or too thin, and applied very smoothly and evenly.  I didn't experience any staining and it removed easily.

I'm a lover of anything blue, but this one has a gorgeous, drastic transition which I love in my thermals, and the shimmer is strong and those flakies just add the perfect pop.

My swatches show two coats plus a glossy top coat.

shown in the cold state.







shown in the warm/hot state.






shown in the transition state.







CLICK HERE for an application video!


Before I go I want to give you some background on what Polish Pickup itself is.

Polish Pickup is a group on Facebook that is an interactive experience that allows you to submit theme ideas and then everyone votes for their favorite choice.

After the winning theme is chosen and announced, different brands will create polishes, nail art items, or bath and beauty products, based off of the chosen monthly theme, that will be available for preorder on the Polish Pickup website for the first Friday of each month at 11 AM EST.  

It stays open for four days, until the following Monday at Midnight EST.  At that point, all the products available are gone, and won't be back as everything is Limited Edition for that month.

Since all polishes are pre-ordered, they will ship a minimum of 3 weeks after sale commencement.

And, the cherry on top? Polish Pickup ships for a flat fee of $3 in the US and $5 for Canada.  They also ship internationally at cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment